Buffets in restaurants are generally fascinating because there are many different foods to choose from. However, the great amount of food on offer should not be taken advantage of. Nausea and indigestion are common side effects of overeating. It resulted in severe health consequences for one too enthusiastic buyer. After overeating in sushi at an all-you-can-eat buffet, a 24-year-old American woman had to be rushed to the hospital.
After binging on 32 rolls and other foods at an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet, a woman ended herself in the hospital.
Danielle Shapiro, 24, took on the challenge at Sushi 85 in Mountain View, California, where dine-in costs $50 per person. Shapiro consumed 32 sushi rolls, four gyoza dumplings, two jalapeno poppers, a bowl of edamame, and a bowl of miso soup in a single sitting.
On TikTok, she explained her buffet mishap in a video that she is a “big sushi enthusiast,” Her best friend was in town for the weekend, so they decided to go to the buffet.
‘Because all-you-can-eat sushi costs around $50 per person, Amanda and I had to make sure we got our money’s worth, which meant eating a lot,’ says Shapiro.
‘Our dinner took around two hours since we were so full that we had to stop completely.’
Shapiro initially ate the miso soup before moving on to the dumplings, poppers, eight dragon rolls, eight snow rolls, eight California rolls, eight wakame rolls, and finally, the edamame beans.
Shapiro joked in the video that she and Amanda were ‘rolled out of the restaurant.’ However, it was no longer enjoyable.
‘We were so full right after dinner that we had to sit in my car for about 30 minutes before going home,’ Shapiro explained. ‘All the sushi and maybe the rice that inflated in my stomach made my stomach feel hard.’
Shapiro slept at her boyfriend’s place that night, complaining of “the worst stomach ache” but dismissing it due to the large amount of food she had consumed.
‘I’m not a morning person, so I realized something was wrong when I got up at 6 a.m. the next day,’ she explained. ‘I was in excruciating pain in my stomach and chest, and it was difficult to take deep breaths.’
Shapiro was taken to the hospital by her boyfriend and grandmother, where she was diagnosed with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), generally known as acid reflux. It’s linked to unpleasant symptoms like vomiting, bloating, heartburn, and a sore throat, but it’s not thought to be life-threatening.
After a few hours in the hospital, she was discharged and given medication to treat her ailment. Shapiro said she would recuperate in a few days and had learned her lesson.
Despite this, the experience did not negatively influence her love for sushi or sushi buffets.
‘I’m going to eat sushi again!’ ‘This experience hasn’t ruined sushi for me, nor has it spoiled the all-you-can-eat sushi experience,’ she declared.
‘I did learn that I should listen to my body and take things more slowly the next time,’ she says.
Source & Credit : thatviralfeed.com